The Administrative Access Scheme allows people to be given access to information through an informal, streamlined process. In most cases, it is an easier and quicker process than the formal Right to Information (RTI) or Information Privacy (IP) application processes and where possible, Unitywater will release information under the Scheme.
Anyone can apply for information, although in most cases the Scheme is used for applicants who require access to their own personal information.
While we try to accommodate all requests, there is no guarantee that access to information will be granted.
There is no ability to seek a review of an access decision made under the Scheme, although applicants dissatisfied with a decision may lodge a complaint through the Unitywater complaint process.
Information exempt from the Scheme includes:
- information prohibited under law from being released
- information relating to a current investigation or prosecution (not closed) or other law enforcement activity
- information subject to legal professional privilege
- information relating to a current dispute resolution (conciliation) case, except where the applicant is a party to the dispute or acting on behalf of a party to the dispute.
Applications can be made in writing, by email, in person or over the phone (view our contact details). Requests must include the following information:
- applicant's full name
- applicant's signature
- applicant's contact details
- details about the information being requested.
All written requests must be signed and email requests must include a scanned attachment containing the applicant's signature.
Unitywater is committed to protecting the privacy of its client's information and only releases information where it is authorised to do so. To ensure only authorised people receive requested information, Unitywater will ask you a series of questions to verify your identity (verbal requests).
Unitywater may refuse to deal with an application that either does not meet these requirements or is unreasonable (e.g. very large amounts of information or asks for information already provided).
Access to information may also be gained by:
- making an application under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld)
- making an application under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld)
For further information please contact:
Business Information Manager
PO Box 953
Caboolture QLD 4510